Now I’m back off holiday, finished college, and only doing a few days at work a week, I’ve decided to create a makeup series as I have quite a lot more time on my hands! In this series, I will be researching different trends from different years, era’s and influences to create different looks. For today’s trend, I went with Summer 2017. I found A LOT of inspiration from Cosmopolitan’s article the recently posted called “Spring/Summer 2017 Hair and Makeup Trends”. This article lists a number of different trends taken from Fashion Week. I took a few trends from their list a created a whole look featuring them! Hope you enjoy this series, be sure to comment what trend you would like to see next!
- Smashbox Primer Water
- Stage Line Fluid Makeup – LB2
- Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer – 1 Fair
- LA Girl Pro.conceal – Gc981 Toast (for contour)
- The Balm – Bahama Mamma Bronzer
- NYX Born To Glow Liquid Illuminator – LIM01 Sunbeam
- Sleek Solstice Highlighting Palette – Subsolar and Equinox mixed together
- Morphe 35O Palette – White shade (1, 5) to set the lid, light orange shade (5, 4) all over the lid, mid orange shade (7, 4) to deepen up the outer 4, and finally, brighter orange shade (7, 5).
- Soap and Glory Supercat Eyeliner – Carbon Black
- Seventeen Tattoo Me Eyeliner
- Magpie Glitter (applied with eyelash glue, under the lash line and under the eyebrow) – Lola
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade – Taupe
- MAC Cosmetics Lipstick – Stone
- Magpie Glitter (applied with eyelash glue) – Lola
Lower Lash Line Glitter
This trend was influenced by Shiatzy Chen. All her models wore sliver glitter under there eyes.
Graphic Liner and Glitter Lips
This trend was influenced by Fendi at Milan Fashion week. All the models on the catwalk for the SS17 catwalk wore a bold graphic liner, and a sparkly, glitter lip.
Blugirl used a wash of orange eyeshadow on all her models to create this colourful, sunset eye look.
I teamed this look up with a Topknot and two plaits. Topknots are in trend this summer, according to Cosmopolitan’s Article, as Christian Dior had his models sport the slick, “ballerina” hairstyle. I attempted to channel my inner Bohemian, by adding to plaits, inspired by Missoni.
If you want to read more on other hair and makeup trends of Summer 2017, here is the link to Cosmopolitan’s article;
Hope you enjoyed my first post as part of my new series!